If you love entertaining friends, but your dining room feels all but welcoming, bring the space from blah to wow without breaking the bank. Check out some of these easy ideas to transform your dining room without spending a fortune, just some simple tricks and inspiration.
- Someone’s trash can be someone else’s treasure. Visit estate sales, thrift stores, salvage yards and check out online auctions to find unique pieces.
- Shop your own home and reuse things you already have. Repurpose items to make centerpieces or wall decor. If you can’t afford a few dining room table and chairs, combine your existing set with some eye-catching accessories and artwork.
- Bold prints can accent and add contrast to stark furniture. Invest in linens that can lift up your existing dining room set.
- Buy vintage picture frames at flea markets and thrift stores, paint them and hang them on a wall to create a focal point for your dining room.
- Buy unfinished furniture. If you are really itching for a new dining room table and chairs, but can’t afford what you see in the stores, consider a DIY project. Buy unfinished furniture, which cost a fraction of the price of finished pieces and paint it to match your own style. You can go with a standard stain, a bold color, or distress it. The options are as endless as your ideas.
- Glam up your dining room with a pendant lamp hung above the dining table and instantly brighten up the room.
- Add a pop of color. Separate the dining room from the rest of your house with a fresh coat of color. Choose a bold and bright paint color to make the room really stand out.
- Frame the windows by hanging panel curtains from a rod and warm up the space in one simple and inexpensive step.
- Set the table. Buy two or four full sets of china with an interesting pattern and matching placemats and leave the table set to resemble a magazine cover.